GUEST ARTIST SERIES: "SIX GREAT CONCERTS | SIX HISTORIC SPACES" All locations are handicapped accessible | Tickets are general admission with no assigned seating | Venue doors open at 6:45 pm (6 and 3 Concert Season Subscriptions Available by sending an email to email address listed above)

March 23, 2019 | 7:30 pm

Venue: Bedford Presbyterian Church,

145 S Juliana St, Bedford, PA 15522

Known for their “energetic and kinetic programming, “ the Brass-hoppers trio is comprised of trumpeter Mary Elizabeth Bowden, trombonist Donna Parkes, and pianist Milana Strezeva.  These gifted women hail from diverse points around the globe but together create an

exquisite brass sound combined with a lush keyboard.

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

Venue History: The first religious services held in this pioneer settlement are said to have been conducted in 1758 by chaplains in the Pennsylvania Provincials (Charles Beatty, an Anglican and John Steel, a Presbyterian), for the force garrisoned at Fort Bedford. On February 7, 1774, the Bedford Presbyterian Church was deeded Lot 11 from Thomas and Richard Penn and the church began its official worship in 1786. The first Pastor, the Rev. David Bard, served for three years rotating between sessions of Congress to which he had been elected and holding services in Bedford. In the first years of his pastorate he was paid in British pounds, American currency not yet having been established. In 1829, Presbyterians moved from meeting in homes and in the Courthouse to the new church on the Public Square and began 189 years of continuous service, the longest of any church in Bedford County.

April 6, 2019 | 7:30 pm

Venue: St. John's United Church of Christ,

144 W John St, Bedford, PA 15522

The Penn State Men’s Glee Club, composed of 60-70 singers from all majors of the university, is one of the most active and distinguished men’s collegiate choruses in the United States. Founded in December of 1888, the Glee Club has entertained audiences around the US and the world with the joy of song from classical to contemporary.

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

 

Venue History: Dating back to the mid 1700s, St. John’s was founded as the first religious building and property in Bedford. The property was deeded to the German Reformed and Lutheran traditions which were two of the original Churches of the Protestant Reformation. Three buildings have been located on the property dating back to 1769. The oldest section of the current structure dates to 1823 when the cornerstone was laid for a new brick church on West John Street to serve the two congregations. On Sept.19, 1824, the brick church was dedicated. The two congregations alternated using the church until 1849 when the congregations separated. The main sanctuary of St. John’s was constructed in 1883. The Church once housed a Pipe Organ donated by Andrew Carnegie and has a rich history of musical talent.

This unique group combines musical elements from classical, world, jazz and Native American sensibilities, performing on dozens of instruments from around the globe. Since its founding in 2004, Hevreh has toured throughout the United States and Europe, meeting with audience and critical acclaim for its passionate performances and inspiring programming.

The Hevreh Ensemble

Venue History: Trinity Lutheran was an established institution before the incorporation of Bedford Borough and predates the founding of the United States as an independent country. In 1769 Jost Schoenwolff, representing the Lutheran and the Reformed congregations, was granted a petition to receive charitable donations from people in Pennsylvania, not to exceed 600 pounds, to erect a house of worship. For 50 years, the people of the combined congregations worshipped in this humble building with a dirt floor, heated by an open fireplace, lighted by sperm oil lamps or candles and served by traveling clergy.

 

In 1817, the log church was taken down and, until 1824, the combined Lutheran and Reformed congregations met in the original courthouse and then in a shared church on John Street. On August 29, 1847, seventy-eight years after the founding of Trinity Lutheran Church, a resolution was adopted to construct a new, separate house of worship from the Reformed congregation. The church was dedicated on August 12, 1849 and Trinity’s congregation moved into its first house of worship on the Public Square.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Venue: Trinity Lutheran Church,

106 W Penn St, Bedford, PA 15522

May 11, 2019 | 7:30 pm

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

This is one of Scotland's most popular folk bands with great vocals and tremendous three-part harmonies. Their performances include traditional, contemporary and original music using guitars, mandolin, fiddle, bouzouki, harmonica, whistles, bodhrans, banjo and great humor.  They are recipients of Gold and Silver Disc awards from the Scottish Music Industry Association.

 

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

North Sea Gas
Venue: The Visitor's Center at Old Bedford Village, 220 Sawblade Road, Bedford, PA 15522 FUNDRAISER FOR BEDFORD CO PLAYERS! September 22, 2018 | 7:30 pm

Venue History: Old Bedford Village was conceived by the county commissioners as a way to preserve local history. The commissioners found and purchased a suitable tract of land and donated a county-owned bridge, the Claycomb Covered bridge from Reynoldsdale, to access the property.

 

The village includes 38 log, stone, plank and brick buildings representing life on the frontier. Among the oldest buildings (pre-1800) are the Biddle House, the Kegg-Blasko House, the Fungaroli House and the Semanek House.  Both the Biddle House (#1) and Semanek House (#4) were referred to as “mansions” in early deeds.

SOLD OUT!

Thank You

As soloists and ensemble players, Ferla and Marcinizyn have performed throughout the United States and as a duo they are Pittsburgh Concert Society winners. Their program, “Two Guitars . . . Five Centuries of Music” includes music by traditional and contemporary composers as well as folk, jazz, and popular arrangements.

Ferla Marcinizyn Guitar Duo

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

Venue: Bedford County Courthouse, Courtroom #1, 200 S Juliana St, Bedford, PA 15522

October 20, 2018 | 7:30 pm

Venue History: The original section of the Bedford County Courthouse was completed in 1829 at a cost of $7,500. Solomon Filler, who designed many Bedford buildings including the Bedford Presbyterian Church (which has a matching dome), was the project architect. The court room is the third oldest operating court room in Pennsylvania (and according to some records, the oldest continuously operating court room in the state). It was the only court room in the county until the completion of the 2005-2007 addition, which added a second court room.

Enjoyable Concert!

Thank You

Four young cellists joined the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra in 2014 and decided to channel their enthusiasm and artistry into this creative new ensemble. Recognized for both refinement and versatility, the PCQ is passionate about original compositions for four cellos, as well as transcriptions of Baroque masterpieces, Renaissance madrigals, and PCQ’s own arrangements of popular favorites from the Beatles to Guns ’N Roses.

Pittsburgh Cello Quartet

Venue: Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Anderson House, 137 E Pitt St, Bedford, PA 15522

November 17, 2018 | 7:30 pm
SOLD OUT! Thank You for Your Support

Tickets are available for purchase at: The Bedford County Visitor's Bureau and the Museum of the American Coverlet in Bedford and at the Everett Rexall Pharmacy in Everett ($10 in Advance), at the door of the event ($12)  and now also the convenience of purchasing online! ($10 plus small additional processing fee.)

Venue History: Dr. John Anderson started his medical practice in Bedford in 1796 and in 1815 built what is now called Anderson House as both the family home and the location of the Allegheny Bank of Pennsylvania, the first bank west of Chambersburg. Through the years, the building has served as home and headquarters for several organizations, including the Civic Club Library and Community Center, the Bedford Chamber of Commerce, the Bedford County Arts Council and an antiques store. Today it is the new home of the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, featuring rotating exhibits in eight galleries.

Sign-up to receive our electronic email newsletter by texting the word "PAConsort" to 22828 !

CONTRIBUTION/VOLUNTEER

Contact us for all advertising, contribution and volunteer opportunities.

© 2018 Privacy Policy

OUR MISSION

The PA Consort brings outstanding musicians to Bedford, PA  for year-round concerts and educational workshops.

CONTACT US

PAConsort

P. O. Box 535

Bedford, PA 15522-0535

 

P: 814.733.2301